Cyberspace network is a collection of interconnect devices, such as computers, servers, routers, switches . That are connect together to smooth communication and Data Sharing. These devices can be connect use wire or wireless connection. Allowing them to exchange data and resources.
Computer networks are used for various purposes, include share data, resources, and services, such as files, printers, and internet access. They enable communication among users, devices, and systems within an organization or across different locations. It can be as small as a local area network (LAN) within a single building. It is a part of a ADCA Course in first semester.
Wide range of purposes Internet Computer
- File share: Networks allow users to share files and data, such as documents, images, videos, among connect devices, data share.
- Resource share: Networks enable the share of resources like printers, scanners, storage devices, allowing multiple users to access.
- Communication: Networks provide a platform for communication, such as email, instant message, video conference, enable users to communicate.
- Internet access: Networks allow devices to connect to the Internet, providing access to a vast array of online resources, services.
- Distributed computing: Networks can be used to distribute computing tasks across multiple devices, enabling efficient processing of data , intensive tasks.
- Centralized management: Networks can be used to manage and monitor devices, applications, and services from a central location. Allowing for efficient administration and troubleshooting.
Types of Computer Network
There are several types of computer networks, which can be classified based on their geographical scope, scale, and purpose. Here are some common types of computer networks:
- Local Area Network (LAN): A LAN is a network that covers a small geographic area, such as a single building or a home. It typically connects devices within close proximity using wired or wireless connections. LANs are commonly used in homes, offices, schools, and small businesses to facilitate communication and resource sharing among devices.
- Wide Area Network (WAN): A WAN is a network that covers a larger geographic area, such as a city, country, or even globally. WANs use long-distance communication links, such as leased lines, fiber optic cables, or satellite connections, to connect devices across different locations. The Internet is the largest example of a WAN, connecting networks and devices worldwide.
- Metropolitan Area Network (MAN): A MAN is a network that covers an intermediate geographical area, typically a city or a metropolitan area. MANs may use a combination of wired and wireless connections to connect devices within a city or a large urban area.
- Campus Area Network (CAN): A CAN is a network that covers a specific geographical area, such as a university campus, a business park, or a military base. CANs are typically used to connect multiple buildings or locations within a close proximity, and may use a combination of wire and wireless connections.
- Home Area Network (HAN): A HAN is a network that is specifically design for residential homes. It connects devices within a home, such as computers, smartphones, smart TVs, and other smart devices, to enable communication, data share, and smart home automation.
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN): A WLAN is a type of LAN that uses wireless communication technologies, such as Wi-Fi, to connect devices without the need for physical wire connections. WLANs are commonly use in homes, offices, public places, and other locations where wire connections may not be feasible or convenient.
- Virtual Private Network (VPN): A VPN is a private web that uses public infrastructure, such as the net, to create a secure and encrypt connection between remote devices or networks. VPNs are commonly use for secure remote access to corporate networks, data privacy, and protection against unauthorize access.
- Cloud System: A cloud web is a type of web that is host and provide by a cloud service provider, where compute resources and services are deliver over the net. Cloud web enable users to access and utilize compute resources and services on-demand, from anywhere, at any time.
Objectives of Computer Network
The objectives of computer networks can vary depend on the specific use case and requirements, but some common objectives include:
- Facilitate communication: Computer networks enable devices and users to communicate with each other. It facilitate real-time communication through email, instant messaging, video conference, and other means.
- Share resources: Networks allow for share of resources, such as printers, scanners, storage devices, applications, among connect devices, resource utilization.
- Enable collaboration: Its is facilitate collaborative work by enable users to share and access data, files, applications, allow for joint work.
- Enable remote access: Enable remote access to resources, services, and applications, allow users to connect, work from different locations. It increase flexibility and productivity.
- Provide internet access: It connect devices to the computer, enable access to online resources, services, and information.
- Enhance data share and data management: Its facilitate data share and data management among devices ,systems, enable efficient data transfer.
- Support distribute compute: web can be use to distribute compute tasks across multiple devices, enable efficient process of data also.
- Enable central management and administration: Networks can be centrally manage and administer. But allow for efficient monitor, configuration, troubleshoot of devices, applications, and services also.